Part-time Training & Development Officer
Maternity Leave Cover - 6 Month Contract
Do you have experience designing & implementing e-learning modules?
Can you translate ideas & concepts into high impact learning solutions?
Are you an experienced training professional wanting flexible work arrangements?
Come join the Mad Mex Familia!
- Cheeky & Fun work environment in Sydney CBD
- Part-time, with flexible working arrangements
- Maternity Leave Cover - 6 Month Contract
Mad Mex is the leader in Baja Mexican food with over 70 restaurants located across Australia & New Zealand. We strive to give our customers the best tasting Mexican food by using only the freshest ingredients, authentic Mexican spices & marinades, low fat recipes and cooking techniques that deliver big bold flavours! Our commitment to quality and to our people combined with our passion for “Food with Attitude” are key to our success.
We are looking for an experienced Training and Development Officer to join our small Training Team. The Mad Mex Training Department is responsible for the training programs across the Mad Mex Network – Australia & New Zealand and soon South East Asia. We need someone to help us take things to the next level.
ABOUT THE ROLE
At Mad Mex we are as passionate about our people as we are about our food. We offer ongoing training and development opportunities so that our employees can continue their food career with us. That is where you come in.
In this role you will be tasked with developing, implementing and continually improving Mad Mex’s training practices in line with the company’s visions & values. You will assist with the development of training programs and employee communications and take initiatives to ensure Mad Mex remains at best practice and is an employer of choice.
You will report to our National Learning & Development Manager and will work closely with the Training Coordinator as well as the Operations and New Product Development teams.
This is a Maternity Leave Cover role, part time, 6 month contract.
- Review, develop and implement training tools and programs.
- Design online training, that includes engaging content and mediums like video
- Assist in the management of World Manager (El Taco) E-learning platform
- Regularly consolidate Support Centre communications in an engaging format and distribute to Restaurant teams
- Assist in the development of communications for Product Rollouts
- On occasion, this role will require interstate and intrastate travel.
You embody our values of Cheeky, Authentic & Connected. You are energetic and self-motivated, with the capacity to work independently with minimal direction as well as collaboratively in a team environment. You have strong organisational skills and are able to successfully manage competing priorities. You are able to adapt quickly in our fast paced and often changing environment.
Your knowledge of training methodologies is backed up with tertiary qualifications - Certificate IV in Training & Assessment preferred. Ideally you will have a background within the fast food/restaurant/hospitality industry. However, the role also represents an opportunity to transition from other industries such as retail or education.
Your pedigree includes:
- Min 2 years providing learning & development and training support & assistance
- Ability to design and develop training programs
- Experience creating E-Learning modules is essential. Articulate is preferred.
- Experience and knowledge with E-Learning platforms - World Manager preferred
- Solid experience developing video and other web-based learning
- A sense of humour.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to spread your wings and make an impact in your 6 months. We offer a flexible work environment including the opportunity to work from home. At Mad Mex we are friendly and supportive and above all, we like to have FUN!!
Come join the Mad Mex Familia!