- Lead & inspire your team
- Competitive Salary + Bonus Program
- FREE Lunch!
We are on the lookout for a Savvy, Vibrant & Passionate Leader to join our Mad Mex Familia!
Our Mad Mex Familia is growing! As a result of an internal promotion, we are currently on the lookout for a Savvy, Vibrant & Passionate Leader who can start immediately to commence their training to learn all about the Mad Mex Way!
At Mad Mex, our Restaurant Manager play an extremely important role. We want you to embrace our values by being Authentic, Connected, Cheeky, Own It and Healthy! You have a mandate to ensure everyone around you has a great experience - to make the day fun and exciting.
Our Restaurant Managers are hands-on and lead by example. This means you roll up your sleeves and jump in all services, including - food prep, grill, counter, and cashier. Being the leader that you are, you will take charge during the shift and be responsible for ensuring an exceptional customer (or as we call them - Amigos) service experience through team management, ordering stock, banking, opening/closing the restaurant, and your team's training and coaching.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Previous experience as a restaurant manager is essential.
- A hands on, can-do attitude. Our managers really need to work like owners, focusing most of their efforts on running an amazing restaurant rather than spending hours upon hours in admin work. We work on the line with our teams, doing opens, closes, and everything in between.
- A passion for great Mexican food and Latin culture - and the drive to bring this to our customers (our amigos).
- You will need to be innovative and able to champion local area marketing ideas.
- A strong aptitude for the numbers. You'll have full accountability for sales, labour, and cost of goods results, and will be required to report on them every week. So there needs to be a strong understanding of the figures and what drives them.
- Strong organisational and time management skills. You'll have a lot of balls in the air, and none of them can be dropped!
- Leadership and coaching skills. As a Corporate Business Manager, there is no restaurant owner to fall back on as the overall leader of the team - it's all you my friend. The Mad Mex style of leadership is to build a strong team through ongoing support and development, in an environment that makes our team feel safe and appreciated. Gordon Ramsay would not get a job at Mad Mex!
Why work at Mad Mex?
- We offer competitive salaries, career progression, personal development, and a great culture which thrives on our Latin roots and spicy personalities!
- We are growing! A HUGE expansion goal of 30 new Restaurants in 18 months (think of the development & growth opportunities!)
- We offer ongoing training and development to help you achieve your goals.
- We really live our values of Authentic, Connected, Cheeky Healthy & Own It. Having fun is in our DNA.
- You will also be eligible for our bonus program. So when you meet or exceed your targets, you will be rewarded - every month!
- Free Burritos!
- Have your voice on our employee feedback platform (most companies have this for customers, we have it for our Mad Mex Familia)
- Grow and develop through exposure from an experienced Leader and Regional Operations Manager
- Chance to grow your career with an Australian Owned business
- Partake in a Leadership development training program
- Party and join in on fun team bonding exercises!
- Did we mention joining us for our annual offsite Conference (which pre-covid saw us in Bali, Fiji & New Zealand - just to name a few).
Sound exciting?! Mad Mex has a strong infrastructure in place with robust systems to help you to carry out your duties. You will have a Regional Operations Manager to assist you as well as the helpful team at our Support Office – Accounts, Marketing, IT, Training & HR. And of course, your own team of passionate Luchadores!
So if you think you have the goods and enjoy working with friendly people & great food in a fun, fast-paced atmosphere, then we want to hear from you!
Come join the Mad Mex Familia!