- Lead & inspire your team
- Competitive Salary + Bonus Program
- FREE Lunch
We are currently on the lookout for a Savvy, Vibrant & Passionate Assistant Restaurant Manager to join our Mad Mex Familia!
Mad Mex is the leader in Baja Mexican food with over 70 restaurants located across Australia and New Zealand. We strive to give our customers the best-tasting Mexican food by using only the freshest ingredients, authentic Mexican spices & marinades, low-fat recipes, and cooking techniques that deliver big bold flavours! Our commitment to quality and to our people combined with our passion for “Food with Attitude” are key to our success.
At Mad Mex, our Assistant Restaurant Manager play an extremely important role. We want you to embrace our values by being Authentic, Connected, Cheeky, Own It, and Healthy! You have a mandate to ensure everyone around you has a great experience - to make the day fun and exciting.
Our Assistant Managers are hands-on and lead by example. This means you roll up your sleeves and jump in all services, including - food prep, grill, counter, and cashier. Being the leader that you are, you will take charge during the shift and be responsible for ensuring an exceptional customer (or as we call them - Amigos) service experience through team management, ordering stock, banking, opening/closing the restaurant, and your team's training and coaching.
In addition, you will be responsible for:
- Involvement in all service elements of the restaurant on a daily basis
- Taking on Business Manager responsibilities in the absence of the Business Manager
- Completing P&L accountability for the restaurant
- Supporting the Business Manager with recruitment
- Roster forecasting and management
- Complying with marketing initiatives (ie sampling and fishing)
- Facilitating training for in-house team as well as Franchise Partners and new Managers
- Ensuring compliance with WHS, Food Safety and Liquor Licensing legislation
- Ensuring compliance of Mad Mex Policies & Procedures
- Updating knowledge by completing training modules & reading notices via the online platform & in the restaurant
- General cleaning & dishwashing
- Ensuring maintenance of equipment
- Other duties as required from time to time
Our ideal candidate:
- Previous supervisory experience in Hospitality or QSR is essential
- Responsible Service of Alcohol
- First Aid Certification
- Food Safety Supervisor Certification
- Friendly & outgoing with a bold personality
- Strong work ethic and a sense of responsibility
- You “own” the shift you oversee
- Excellent leadership ability – with proven experience developing and coaching others
- Proactive & innovative problem-solving skills – with the ability to think outside the box
Why work at Mad Mex?
- There is more to Mad Mex than you may think. We offer competitive salaries, career progression, personal development, and a great culture which thrives on our Latin roots and spicy personalities!
- We are growing! We are 10 years in business and now have over 70 restaurants.
- There are plenty of opportunities to build a career with Mad Mex. We offer ongoing training and development to help you achieve your goals.
- We really live our values of Authentic, Connected, Cheeky Healthy & Own It. Having fun is in our DNA.
- You will also be eligible for our bonus program. So when you meet or exceed your targets, you will be rewarded - every month!
- Free Burritos!
- Have your voice on our employee feedback platform (most companies have this for customers, we have it for our Mad Mex Familia)
- Party and join in on fun team bonding exercises!
- Did we mention joining us for our annual offsite Conference (which pre-covid saw us in Bali, Fiji & New Zealand - just to name a few)?
Sound exciting?! Mad Mex has a strong infrastructure in place with robust systems to help you to carry out your duties. You will have a Regional Operations Manager to assist you as well as the helpful team at our Support Office – Accounts, Marketing, IT, Training & HR. And of course, your own team of passionate Luchadores!
So if you think you have the goods and enjoy working with friendly people & great food in a fun, fast-paced atmosphere, then we want to hear from you!
Come join the Mad Mex Familia!