Join the Mad Mex Familia!
Are you ready to take on the challenge and be part of a fulfilling journey as Mad Mex embarks on an exciting period of growth?
We are currently seeking a New Restaurant Opening Manager to play a crucial role in our company's expansion plan.
As the New Restaurant Opening (NRO) Manager, you will lead and own new restaurant openings!. The NRO Manager will be responsible for training Franchise Partners/Business Managers and their team at new restaurant openings. This person will be the gatekeeper of ensuring the highest levels of training standards are executed at every new restaurant opening to ensure long-term success.
This is a 6-12 month contract role and will be predominantly in restaurant (80% field-based and 20% office-based).
About your New Familia
Mad Mex is Australia’s answer to healthy & delicious Mexican food that is prepared fresh, customised to order, and served within minutes. Our philosophy is simple: you should never have to choose between a quick meal and quality, healthy food that is full of flavour.
It is all about the Culture
We live and breathe our values as culture is the foundation of who we are. We love to engage in friendly banter with our customers. In fact, being Cheeky is one of our core values! We are:
- Authentic – Keeping it real and consistently striving to be your best self
- Cheeky – Your personality brightens the day of those around you
- Connected – Consistently interacting and creating connections with those around you
- Own It - Take extreme ownership to find solutions and outcomes
- Healthy - Make positive choices that support living a big life
About your new Opportunity
Mad Mex is on an exciting journey to take our brand to more customers across Australia with an exciting growth strategy. With this, you will play an integral role in our company's expansion plan, where you will be the go-to Specialist in new restaurant opening for Mad Mex.
As the New Opening Restaurant Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
- Lead the Mad Mex Mad Team for all new Restaurant openings, which includes, traveling to Restaurant openings where required, creating rosters and training plans, and working with new employees to train them to a high Mad Mex standard.
- Communicate, execute and implement new Restaurant opening training for Franchise Partners, Business Managers, and their employees
- Plan and coordinate Mad Teams for new restaurant openings and conduct necessary training to ensure consistency in new restaurant openings.
- Communicate and set training and operational goals with restaurant teams to achieve a high level of staff performance
- Facilitate regular meetings with New Franchisees and Business Managers to ensure successful openings
- Supports and follow NRO processes and systems and provides recommendation.
- Provide regular feedback and coach Franchise Partners, Business Managers, and Employees to improve knowledge and performance while on the job
- Assist the ROM’s in running Training sessions for new products & systems and in ensuring all training is On Brand in all Restaurants
- Regularly visit Mad Mex restaurants to conduct evaluations of individuals and training programs
- Plan and schedule training on a regular basis · Prepare and maintain training materials
- Evaluate training programs and recommend improvements
- Collaborate across departments to identify training needs
- Assist the National L&D Manager to create an ongoing review and update of program materials
- Be the gatekeeper for in Restaurant standards at new openings, providing timely feedback when standards aren’t met
- Monitor and report on Training results
To be considered for this role it is essential that you have:
- Minimum of 2 years Restaurant Management experience QSR / Fast Casual industry
- Love working with employees of different levels including customer service staff, managers and franchisees and helping them run great restaurants
- Experience in training and coaching employees to deliver great results
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, fluent in both verbal and written English
- Led restaurant projects as required
- Ability to travel regularly interstate and intrastate (all work-related travel will be paid for by Mad Mex)
Note: Mad Mex Restaurants operate from 8:00 am – 10:00 pm seven days. This position may require being contracted outside of office hours.
So what does that mean for me?!
Well you have probably read the initial perks we listed above, but when you join the Familia, you will also:
- Competitive salaries, career progression, personal development, and a great culture which thrives on our Latin roots and spicy personalities!
- We are growing! A HUGE expansion goal!
- We offer ongoing training and development to help you achieve your goals.
- We really live our values of Authentic, Connected, Cheeky Healthy & Own It. Having fun is in our DNA.
- Free Burritos while you work!
- Have your voice on our employee feedback platform (most companies have this for customers, we also have it for our Mad Mex Familia)
- Chance to grow your career with an Australian Owned business
- Be part of our outstanding culture!
Does this sound like your next career move? Send us your cv along with a covering letter that tells us about your skills and experience and that you are ready for the next step!
We value your passion. We love your energy. We want your commitment.
Come join the Mad Mex Familia!