- Lead & inspire your team
- Growth potential for right candidate
- FREE Lunch
We are currently on the lookout for a Savvy, Vibrant & Passionate Leader to join our Mad Mex Familia!
Mad Mex is the leader in Baja Mexican food with over 70 restaurants located across New Zealand and Australia. We strive to give our customers the best-tasting Mexican food by using only the freshest ingredients, authentic Mexican spices & marinades, low-fat recipes, and cooking techniques that deliver big bold flavours! Our commitment to quality and to our people combined with our passion for “Food with Attitude” are key to our success.
We're looking for an Assistant Restaurant Manager to assist in managing the day-to-day operations of our Mad Mex Westfield Albany restaurant..
At Mad Mex, our Assistant Restaurant Manager's play an extremely important role. We want you to embrace our values by being Authentic, Connected, Cheeky, Own It, and Healthy! You have a mandate to ensure everyone around you has a great experience - to make the day fun and exciting.
Our Assistant Restaurant Managers are hands-on and lead by example. This means you roll up your sleeves and jump in all services, including - food prep, grill, counter, and cashier. Being the leader that you are, you will take charge during the shift and be responsible for ensuring an exceptional customer (or as we call them - Amigos) service experience through team management, ordering stock, banking, opening/closing the restaurant, and your team's training and coaching.
Our ideal candidate:
- Previous QSR management or supervisor experience
- A hands-on, can-do attitude. Our managers really need to work like owners, focusing most of their efforts on running an amazing restaurant rather than spending hours upon hours in admin work. We work on the line with our teams, doing opens, closes, and everything in between.
- A passion for great Mexican food and Latin culture - and the drive to bring this to our customers (our amigos).
- You will need to be innovative and able to champion local area marketing ideas.
- A strong aptitude for numbers. You'll have full accountability for sales, labour, and cost of goods results, and will be required to report on them every week. So there needs to be a strong understanding of the figures and what drives them.
- Strong organisational and time management skills. You'll have a lot of balls in the air, and none of them can be dropped!
- Leadership and coaching skills. As an Assistant Restaurant Manager, there is no restaurant owner to fall back on as the overall leader of the team - it's all you my friend. The Mad Mex style of leadership is to build a strong team through ongoing support and development, in an environment that makes our team feel safe and appreciated. Gordon Ramsay would not get a job at Mad Mex!
Why work at Mad Mex?
- There is more to Mad Mex than you may think. We offer competitive salaries, career progression, personal development, and a great culture which thrives on our Latin roots and spicy personalities!
- We are growing! We are 10 years in business and now have over 70 restaurants.
- There are plenty of opportunities to build a career with Mad Mex. We offer ongoing training and development to help you achieve your goals.
- We really live our values of Authentic, Connected, Cheeky Healthy & Own It. Having fun is in our DNA.
- Free Burritos!
- Have your voice on our employee feedback platform (most companies have this for customers, we have it for our Mad Mex Familia)
- Grow and develop through exposure from an experienced Leader and Regional Operations Manager
- Party and join in on fun team bonding exercises!
- Did we mention joining us for our annual offsite Conference (which pre-covid saw us in Bali, Fiji & New Zealand - just to name a few)?
Sound exciting?! Mad Mex has a strong infrastructure in place with robust systems to help you to carry out your duties. You will have a Regional Operations Manager to assist you as well as the helpful team at our Support Office – Accounts, Marketing, IT, Training & HR. And of course, your own team of passionate Luchadores!
So if you think you have the goods and enjoy working with friendly people & great food in a fun, fast-paced atmosphere, then we want to hear from you!
Come join the Mad Mex Familia!