Assistant Restaurant Manager
APPLY TODAY & GET A FREE BURRITO SENT TO YOUR EMAIL INSTANTLY!
Brand New Mad Mex location in Merrylands is opening up in Mid September!
- Join the Mad Mex Familia!
- Opportunity to coach and lead a team.
- Love Mexican Food? Spice up your life with meals on us when you are working!
We are currently taking applications for a passionate, authentic, and driven Assistant Restaurant Manager (Full Time or Part Time) for our brand new Mad Mex location in Merrylands.
So, what does it mean to be an Assistant Restaurant Manager at Mad Mex?
At Mad Mex, our Assistant Restaurant Managers play an extremely important role. We want you to embrace our values by being Authentic, Connected, Healthy, Own It, and Cheeky. You have a mandate to ensure everyone around you has a great experience – to make the day fun and exciting.
Our Assistant Restaurant Managers are hands-on and lead by example. This means you roll up your sleeves and jump in all service areas including – food prep, grill, counter, and cashier. Being the leader that you are, you will take charge during the shift and be responsible for ensuring an exceptional customer (or as we call them - Amigos) service experience through team supervision, ordering stock, banking, opening/closing the restaurant and your team’s training and coaching.
In addition, you will be responsible for:
- Involvement in all service elements of the restaurant on a daily basis
- Taking on Business Manager responsibilities in the absence of the Business Manager
- Completing P&L accountability for the restaurant
- Supporting the Business Manager with recruitment
- Roster forecasting and management
- Complying with marketing initiatives (ie sampling and fishing)
- Facilitating training for the in-house team as well as Franchise Partners and new Managers
- Ensuring compliance with WHS, Food Safety and Liquor Licensing legislation
- Ensuring compliance with Mad Mex Policies & Procedures
- Updating knowledge by completing training modules & reading notices via the online platform & in the restaurant
- General cleaning & dishwashing
- Ensuring maintenance of equipment
- Other duties as required from time to time
So, what does our ideal Assistant Business Manager possess:
- Previous supervisory experience in Hospitality or QSR is essential
- Responsible Service of Alcohol
- First Aid Certification
- Food Safety Supervisor Certification
- Friendly & outgoing with a bold personality
- Strong work ethic and a sense of responsibility
- You “own” the shift you oversee
- Excellent leadership ability – with proven experience developing and coaching others
- Proactive & innovative problem-solving skills – with the ability to think outside the box.
Why work for Mad Mex?
How long have you got!?
Firstly, our brand has always remained true to its roots: to bring 100% pure fresh Baja Mexican to the tables of the world. If you have traveled to the US and Mexico you may be familiar with the big and bold flavors of this fresh, healthy style of food.
We are available all over the country in an energetic and authentic Mexican environment.
You may have heard of our Fresh Fuel For Life Program (FFFL). This Program provides junior athletes with an opportunity to pursue their goals in a big and inspirational way. The program consists of 12 – 17-year-old boys and girls who are excelling in their chosen sport. The FFFL team includes junior athletes, mentors, and partners, all with one shared goal – to help get the most out of life.
When we talk about transparency, we’re not just jumping on the bandwagon. It is how we’ve done things since we opened our doors in 2007. From calorie calculators to making recipes available online. It’s no big deal to us, it’s just how we roll.
It’s all about the culture
We live and breathe our values as Culture is the foundation of who we are. We love to engage in friendly banter with our customers. In fact, being Cheeky is one of our core values!
- Authentic – Keeping it real and consistently striving to be your best self
- Cheeky – Your personality brightens the day of those around you
- Connected – Consistently interacting and creating connections with those around you
- Healthy - Make positive choices that support living a big life
- Own It - Take Ownership to find solutions and outcome
But what does that mean for me?!
Well you have probably read the initial perks we listed above, but when you join the Familia, you will also:
- Have your voice on our employee feedback platform
- Have access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Grow and develop through exposure to experienced leaders
- Chance to grow your career with an Australian Owned business
- Partake in a Leadership development training program
- Play a key role in the expansion of a brand
Apply today to Live Your Best Life and kick-start an epic career at Mad Mex
Come and join the brand that has recently been voted Australia’s Top Premium Restaurant Brand and place in the Top Ten Franchise Brands in Australia!